The following post was part of our newsletter (Weal World Travel) in December 2010. We are re-posting here for you to peruse:
Holiday Health Tips
Bombarded by a barrage of belly filling beverages and nosh?
Here are just a few healthy tips for the holidays from yours truly at Weal World Travel.
- Eat before you go to a holiday party. A healthy soup or salad can fill you up enough so that you are not tempted to over fill your plate.
- If consuming alcohol, make sure to drink 1 glass of water per alcoholic beverage. This will help prevent hangover and alleviate the dehydrating effect of alcohol.
- Allow yourself to indulge in moderation guilt-free by enjoying bite size portions of holiday treats and having them no more than 20% of the time during the week (i.e. 1-2 days/week).
- Balance your indulgences with a hearty salad.
- At parties, eat the healthy food first (e.g. vegetables) and wait until later to have the treats.