Sometimes recipe formulas for vegetarian/vegan food can be dry. A little twist can bring a lot of inspiration so today’s Meatless Monday post brings you some Tea Tips.
- Use in a rub and apply to tofu.
- Use a minute amount of leaves in a cookie dough.
- Infuse milk (dairy or non-dairy) with tea leaves then strain before using. Milk can be used in custard (frozen or baked), cakes or pastry cream.
- Steep tea and use instead of water to cook rice.
- Use in a marinade for tofu, tempeh or vegetables.
- Make a vinaigrette using tea, oil and herbs.
- Make a mulled drink. (Of course you could always be traditional and make a Chai Masala.)
- Jasmine, lemongrass or green tea with rice.
- Green tea for an Asian-inspired salad (e.g. carrots, green onions, sweet peppers, soy sauce, bean sprouts).
- Oolong and green tea cake anyone?
- Darjeeling, Earl Grey or orange pekoe for desserts e.g. chocolate, cake, cookies, custard.
- Lapsang Souchong in a vinaigrette for a sun-dried tomato, avocado, coconut bacon and kale salad.