And some Canadian food combinations from last week’s mystery box challenge.
- Maple syrup, red fife flour and pumpkins to make pumpkin pie
- Lentils and hemp seed veggie burgers on red fife flour buns
- Clean and steam fiddleheads then sautée in pan with some mustard seeds and cooked lentils.
- Use pumpkin and some apple to make a soup. Use sage as the main flavouring and serve with red fife croutons.
- Berries and maple syrup compote and some applesauce as accompaniments to cooked oatmeal
- Potato and red fife flour gnocchi with a pumpkin marinara
- Corn chowder using potatoes, dulse and corn. Sprinkle hemp seeds on top.
And how did you combine the ingredients?
Canadian cuisine, and one that is meatless, is more than just maple syrup. The spirit of Canadian cuisine, much like Canada’s cultural mosaic, uses ingredients that are indigenous and interweaves the tastes and spices of different cultures.